Dec 19, 2008

My gaming systems

I own a launch-day Xbox 360, a PS3, a Wii, and a DS….hi my name is SkimbleCat and I have a problem…..

Do I need all these systems? Not really. Would I give them up? Not a chance!

Xbox 360: I love my 360; it’s my primary gaming system. It’s a launch-day system and it has never let me down. I have a black-log of games to play, but there just aren’t enough free hours in the week!

PS3: I bought it for two reasons: Blu-ray and exclusive RPG games – wow what a let down on that one! I am reading great reviews for Valkyria Chronicles but the quick look at the demo didn’t grab me. I might pick it up on Boxing Day if I can get a decent deal.

Nintendo Wii: With the Wii I totally got sucked into the hype. I hardly every use it, but I have faith that one day a game will be released for the Wii that totally justifies the purchase. Seriously…it will happen….one day….. Don’t get me wrong, there are a few positives about the Wii – non-gamer friends (*sigh* yes I have them) can have fun with Wii Play or Wii Sports. Wii Fit has it’s moments in the sun. I bought (but have not played) Twilight Princess. A friend lent me Mario Galaxy and that amused me for a short time.

Nintendo DS: The DS has saved my sanity on many an occasion - bus rides, waiting for appointments, travelling with the family.... The only regret is that my DS is pink ... I am not a big fan of pink and am often slightly embarrassed when seen with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment