May 19, 2009

Fable 2: See the Future DLC

Lionhead Studios released the latest piece of Fable 2 DLC (downloadable content) for 560 Microsoft points (that's $7 in real monies). If you enjoyed Fable 2 then I recommend you buy the DLC - I enjoyed the additional game play. In my run-through I found 9 of the 10 Murgo statues and 8 of the 10 new dyes. I ended up looking online for the location of the 3 missing items, and because I missed the Grumpy Rabbit book I had to look online for help with the Rabbit Hole. And to be honest I don't think I would have figured that puzzle out on my own.

There are three new areas to explore in the DLC - the snow globe, the cursed skull, and the Colosseum. Most of the DLC is spent in either the snow globe area or the cursed skull area. There are some new items, new foes, and some fun new puzzles to solve.

The Colosseum is a total bitch. Seriously. There are 3 teddy bears to get, and I found 2 of them relatively easily. Again I had to go to Teh Googles for help on the 3rd bear (and the final dye). Apparently you need to score exactly 1985 points for the Stupid Annoying @#$*&ing bear to appear. I have tried. Lots. Now I Have Hate in My Heart. I guess this challenge is for the gamers who are willing to spend hours trying, or working out the point values for each enemy and the proper combination to get to 1985. I am not one of those people. Bummer.

But outside of the Colosseum That Causes Hate In My Heart, I had fun with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment